Monday 22 July 2013

Planning and Creating a MOOC

I have taken part in 3 Massive Open Online Courses so far and have been thinking how much of an effort would the course creators have had to put into the course to get all the resources prepared for running a MOOC.

I am lucky to be in one of the teams at the University of Reading creating MOOCs to be offered under the FutureLearn partnership. At the School of Systems Engineering - University of Reading I am working in Prof. Shirley Williams’ team along with Dr. Karsten Lundqvist and Luke Micallef (from the University’s Digital Development team) to create a MOOC.

It has taken us a lot of time to plan this course.  We recently recorded the first video for our MOOC and I managed to capture a few moments on my iPhone.


This recording was done in the state-of-the-art filming studio owned by the University’s Department of Film, Theatre & Television. I was more than impressed by the facility but had little idea how to operate any of the equipment. Luke did all the technical stuff while Karsten was the ‘star’ in the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment